Friday, November 11, 2011

DAY TWENTY

I am a baker. Not by trade but by love. This whole process has resulted in a pretty severe identity crisis. I know that once induction is over I will be able to enjoy some natural sweetened things! That should hold me over for a bit. In the meantime, I was inspired by the induction friendly treats at the Academy of Lions food shop! I attempted my own and they turned out great!

For these I used a combination of almond and macadamia nut butters and a bit of coconut butter. I used raw pistachios, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for some texture. To make them rollable and not too mushy, I added coconut and almond flours and some pecan meal. A touch of vanilla and cinnamon added some flavor and rolling them in coconut made them a little more easy to pick up. J ate a lot of these and said they would be yummy with milk. Yeah, too bad!

1 comment:

  1. they WOULD be good with milk, ha! i'm a big pistachio fan & the pistachio bits really won me over. i was thinking about macarons and they're basically paleo i think they'd be something to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete