Thursday, October 20, 2011

DINNER!



I am snuggled up in bed, super cozy and content from a busy and delicious day.

Monty the Moose Coconut Curry Soup

I made this soup by cutting up a few chunks of moose into cubes. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and browned them using virgin coconut oil in a dutch oven. I removed the meat and added onion and then deglazed with a little stock (chicken or beef will do--mine was a chicken/duck combo that I had in the freezer from past bird roasting). I added lots of dried basil, a little good quality curry powder, red pepper flakes and a bit of turmeric. I added 1 can of organic coconut milk and a cup more of the stock. I simmered the meat on medium-low until it was tender and then added a handful
of hubbard squash chunks (skin removed), dinosaur kale, 1 small red pepper and broccoli. I cooked the soup for about 10 more minutes--until the veggies were cooked but still a bit firm.


Excellent post-pistols and handstand push-ups meal. I feel content and sleepy. Not sleepy like I ate a turkey leg, a mountain of mashed potatoes and 5 buttered rolls. More like, I am full and happy and looking forward to tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment