Thursday, October 20, 2011

DAY ONE

It's day one of the Academy of Lions paleo challenge.
My boyfriend e-mailed me to say that he picked up wild-caught perch from St. Lawrence Market. So much better than flowers, in my food-loving opinion.
For breakfast this morning I had some nitrate-free bacon with two scrambled eggs and coffee with coconut milk. Coffee with coconut milk is the best thing! Lunch was a salad with half an avocado, onion, broccoli, a boiled egg, mustard greens, and a few sliced radishes dressed with lemon and olive oil. Oh, and more bacon. MAYBE a little bacon heavy today? I wanted to start off delicously. Can you be too bacon heavy on the paleo diet? This is a serious question...if you know the answer, I'd love to hear it.
I snacked on almonds and cacao nibs at my desk and sipped green tea and water until I almost peed my pants.
Meat. Fat. Vegetables. No fruits and no roots.

1 comment:

  1. just realized radishes are roots...this is gonna be harder than i thought.

    ReplyDelete