Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Part II

I finished my induction diet well over a year ago and since then, I have not been eating paleo...I've hardly even been active. 

I'm the most unhealthy I have ever been in my life, right now. It's incredibly frustrating for me.  I feel like I've lost connection to my body.  Part of the issue stems from a miscarriage I suffered in November.  I was abut 3 month pregnant when I experienced a delayed miscarriage.  I think that subconsciously I am ANGRY with my body--but then again, I have always been in a battle with my body, being angry at it isn't exactly a stretch from the norm.  I'm pretty tired and fed up with this state of things.  I'm the only one that can make these changes for myself.  I know that "dieting" doesn't work.  I know this.  I just feel like I need to do something to jump start getting healthy and prepare myself for a future healthy pregnancy.  I feel like I'm not fully living my life right now.  I actually avoid things because I feel uncomfortable and insecure as myself.  I feel like I need to go back to what worked.  I think I want to do this paleo thing again with a big focus on mindfulness.

MY Rules:

No booze.
No dairy.
No sugar.
No grains.
No fruit-except a bit of berries.
No processed foods.
No starchy roots.

I'm starting officially on March 1st and will do it for 30 days.  At 30 days I'll reintroduce apples and other medium-sweet fruits.  I'll also reintroduce some grains--of the "ancient" variety.  Teff, quinoa, wild rice, amaranth.

I will post "before" pics soon!









  


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry about everything you have been going through. You needed time to proccess all of your emotions and shouldn't feel guilty about that. just wanted to wish you good luck on your new journey! :)

    ReplyDelete